Get the Best Frames for You: How to Virtually Try On Glasses
February 23, 2023 • 11:51 AM
When you buy new eyeglasses or contact lenses, it’s an investment in your vision. Both options help you see better — the difference is that glasses also affect the way you look. That’s why people spend so much time searching for the perfect frames. Luckily, we now have technology that makes it easy to virtually try on glasses from the comfort of your own home.
Let’s explore how a virtual try-on feature works and how it can help you. We’ll also look at some ways to fine-tune your choices, so you don’t have to try on every pair of glasses available. Your perfect pair is out there. Let’s help you find them.
Why Use a Virtual Try-On Feature?
When you’re shopping for new eyewear in-store, it’s simple. You find a mirror, line up your selection of glasses, and then try them all on, one by one. If you’re lucky, you’re shopping with a friend who can give you a second opinion if you’re not sure which one suits you best.
To shop in a store though, you’ll probably need to make yourself at least slightly presentable (realistically, this may not happen every day anymore, especially if you work from home), then make your way through the traffic to the mall — and then deal with the crowds when you get there.
If you’re excited about that, go ahead and have fun with it. For everyone else — and for those who are especially time challenged — there’s an alternative.
An online try-on feature allows you to virtually try on glasses without leaving your home. It acts like a virtual mirror, reflecting in real-time how the different pairs look on your face. You can choose what suits you best and place your order online. Then you simply need to sit back and wait for them to be delivered. No more crowds and no worry that your online order won’t suit you.
How to Virtually Try On Glasses
Many online glasses stores have virtual try-on features, but Pair Eyewear stands out amongst the crowd. Our Virtual Try-On tool helps you decide exactly which of our well-designed, full-rim Base Frames suits you best. Then you can add as many of our unique Top Frames as you like, giving you an extremely wide range of looks to choose from.
The process is simple:1. Start from one of the Collections pages, depending on what you’re looking for:
2. Decide which Base Frame you would like to try on first (our Best Sellers are highlighted).
3. Click the Virtual Try-On button for those frames, right above the green button.
5. Give Pair Eyewear permission to use the camera on your device.
6. After a few moments, you’ll see a real-time video of yourself wearing your choice of frames. Move your face around and look from all angles — the virtual reality technology will show the glasses moving with you.
7. Use the buttons to change the frame color until you find the one you like best.
8. If you want to save a picture for your own reference or to share with a friend, select Take Photo, then check your downloads for your selfie.
9. To try on another frame, simply select that frame.
Note: If you’re looking for prescription sunglasses, first virtually try on glasses on the regular Eyeglasses page to find your ideal Base Frame. Then head to shop Sunglasses to select the lens color for that Base Frame.
What to Do Once You’ve Chosen Your Base Frame
If you’re happy with your new glasses frames, you can continue to the next steps of the ordering process.
1. You’ll need to select the lens type you’re looking for, which could be non-prescription lenses, reading glasses, or single-vision or progressive prescription glasses.
2. Choose any optional add-ons you’d like:
If you tend to use your devices before bedtime, blue-light filters help to protect your eyes, so those harmful blue rays don’t affect your sleep patterns.
Light-responsive lenses — also known as photochromic or transition lenses — darken as you move into brighter surroundings, and return to clear as the light dims.
If you need a strong prescription, Premium Plus lenses help to keep your glasses a little lighter on your face.
3. Pick your Top Frames from our Collections, Collabs, or Limited Edition ranges. No matter what your personality or interests are, there’s something there for everyone.
4. Add the prescription your eye doctor gave you after your most recent eye exam. You can do this yourself immediately or later, or ask us to contact your eye doctor to get it.
5. Feel free to add any other extras at this point. Pair Eyewear frames are made of hard-wearing cellulose acetate while the lenses are made of impact-resistant polycarbonate. They’re tough — but even the toughest glasses are best kept safe when you’re not wearing them. It’s worth investing in a Glasses Case, which holds a Base Frame and two Top Frames, or just a Top Frame Case to carry a couple of spare Top Frames around for a quick change during the day.
6. When you check out, you’ll be able to add any coupon codes you have. Most insurance companies with out-of-network vision benefits will reimburse you for Pair Eyewear prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses, and Pair also accepts most FSA and HSA cards.
Pro Tips to Virtually Try On Glasses
To make the most of the Virtual Try-On feature, there are a few extra things you can do. For example:
1. Make sure the lighting around you is reasonably good. If it’s too dark or too bright, the try-on won’t look as good.
2. If you’re wearing glasses or a hat, take them off.
3. Tuck your hair behind your ears so you can see your full face and jawline.
4. As frame size varies across the different Pair Eyewear styles, consult our Size Guide to get an idea of the best frames for you.
5. Also, consider your face shape and start by trying on glasses that work best for that. For example:
You can rest assured though that even after you virtually try on glasses, if you’re not completely happy with your new glasses when they arrive, our 30-day warranty and free returns policy give you 30 days from the delivery date to request an exchange or a refund.
Find the Best Pair for You
Modern eyewear shopping has never been easier. Rather than driving to the store and battling the crowds, you can experiment with looks for free from the comfort of your couch.
To find the right pair for you, use Pair Eyewear’s helpful shopping tool: the Virtual Try-On feature. With a few simple steps, you can see what you look like in real-time in your choice of frames.
Once you’ve decided on your Base Frame, select as many Top Frames as you like to complement your personality and your interests. Switch these up as you please to give you a range of versatile looks to suit any occasion. Then simply wait for the compliments to come your way.